Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Parent Blind

I'm hiding in the kitchen with my wife because I am tired of playing with the kids.

They are playing quite nicely amongst themselves. Melissa no longer takes a nap but still wants a playmate while her brother and sister are sleeping. So the wife and I switched off playing with her for two hours. Finally, the twins woke up and we can let them all play with each other.

We have a gate separating the kitchen from the rest of the house, and as long as I am inaccessible to the kids they will play with each other. Once I step outside the gate I get mobbed.

Melissa set up a birthday party at the coffee table for Jo, and they all sat together nicely and Lukas and Melissa even sang to her.

The twins just walked by the kitchen hand-in-hand saying "Bye, s'later!"

Sometimes, as long as the furniture is intact and there's no blood or permanent bodily harm, that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment